UPDATE 12/11/17: The Winston Churchill cover wins! The Winston Churchill cover issue was released in the Autumn of 1993. If you have a copy, save it as you have a collector’s item!
It is hard to believe that Cigar Aficionado has been around for 25 years! To celebrate their quarter-century anniversary, they are holding a Cover Challenge, pitting Cigar Aficionado magazine covers from the last 25 years against each other and letting you vote for the best cover. Cigar Aficionado magazine selected 64 of their most memorable celebrity covers.
The contest is underway now and ends on December 10th, 2017. The Cover Challenge consists of six rounds narrowing the 64 covers to a single winner. Cigar Aficionado will announce the winner on December 11th, 2017.
Cigar Aficionado is mimicking the NCAA’s March Madness type of tournament. Here is the voting schedule:
- October 9th, 2017 – Round 1 Begins. Yes, this round is over. Our apologies for not sending this out earlier. There are some unexpected results from the first round:
- Ray Lewis lost to Kevin Spacey. Hmm, must be pre-scandal!
- Chuck Norris beat out Cuba Models. Chuck always wins, even against hot Cuban models!
- Armand Assanti prevailed over Rudy Giuliani. I would have never thought Assanti could win over Giuliani. Maybe this is because of his failed run for President.
- Brad Paisley was eliminated by the cast of The Sopranos. Damn, Paisley wrote a great song about smoking cigars. He should have made the cut! Check out The Cigar Song HERE.
- November 6th, 2017 – Round 2 Begins. I just voted and there was an interesting choice given current events. Should I vote for the Kevin Spacey cover? Not a chance! Damian Lewis has my vote.
- November 13th, 2017 – Sweet Sixteen Begins
- November 20th, 2017 – Elite 8 Begins
- November 27th, 2017 – Final 4 Begins
- December 4th, 2017 – Championship Begins
If you pick up the latest issue of Cigar Aficionado magazine, you’ll find a pullout bracket so you can track your votes and the results as the brackets play out. Pretty cool idea.
You can vote for your favorite cover HERE.