This is the first International Enjoy a Cigar Day and was created to draw attention to the cigar lifestyle, including:
- Cigars are a luxury product, enjoyed by discerning adults as an indulgence and not a habit.
- Premium cigars are a natural product.
- The enjoyment of cigars can contribute to personal wellbeing by offering moments of solace, contemplation, and fellowship.
- Premium cigars should not be treated legally the same way as other tobacco products such as cigarettes.
- Patrons of cigars, and producers and sellers of cigars contribute to their communities, support charities, and believe in the right to personal freedom.
- Thousands of jobs are maintained in agriculture, industry, and commerce in countries that really need the industry.
- Cigar patrons believe they should have the option to enjoy a cigar where they are welcome. Private property owners, be it retail tobacconists or establishments in the hospitality sector, should have the liberty to set their own rules for the enjoyment of cigars, not governmental bodies that have alternative agendas.
- The cigar culture should be assigned world heritage status.
So cigar smokers, enjoy International Enjoy a Cigar Day and make a statement!
You can check out other cigar events in the United States HERE or Outside of the United States HERE.
And while you are enjoying your right to smoke a cigar, visit Cigar Rights of America and join the cause. Cigar Rights of America is the first and only consumer-based public advocacy group fighting to protect the individual rights to enjoy premium cigars in the United States. At every turn, Federal, State, and Local governments are trying to figure out ways to take more of your money and eliminate your right to smoke cigars.