Don’t you hate it when your friend does something “cigar stupid” at your local cigar bar and everyone in the place notices? To help your friend (and you) not look like an ass, below is a list of Do’s and Don’ts. We will update this list periodically as we see our friends (or brother) do something stupid.
1. DON’T lick, slobber, or otherwise put germs on your cigar and then use MY cutter to cut your germ infested cigar. I love you, man, but for Christ-sakes, I don’t want to kiss you. Putting the cigar in your mouth before you cut it is fine as long as you use your own damn cutter.
2. DO share your cigars with your friends, relatives, and complete strangers. We cigar smokers are unique members of the human race. . . we share. So, share a stick with the guy next to you and keep the brotherhood alive.
3. DON’T pick up the wrong cigar in the ashtray and smoke it. See #1. It is just yucky. Sadly, I did this once and almost vomited when I figured it out. Ugh!
4. DON’T dip your premium cigar in whiskey, port, or toilet water. I know some herfers think it makes them look cool. It doesn’t. How would you feel if I came to your house for dinner and dipped the steak you made me in ketchup, A-1, or Kool-Aid? You are smoking the finest cigars. Enjoy the cigar as the blender envisioned it. On the other hand, feel free to dip your Swisher Sweet in the cat litter box as it might taste better.
5. DON’T smush out your cigar in the ashtray. Your cigar is magical. It will put itself out without your help. It is not a cigarette that will burn until it runs out of tobacco. When you are done with your cigar, just toss it in the ashtray. No one wants to see you crush a cigar, create more space for air to burn more tobacco, and smoke up the place.
If you have your own Cigar Etiquette ideas, please comment at the bottom of this post.