Let me begin with. . . sometimes brotherly competition leads to a cigar bet for the ages. A cigar bet that captures the pain of a shopping addiction received genetically from our mother. A pain that will ring true throughout the rest of 2016. A pain that one of us will succumb to.
On our return from CIGARfest 2016 (check out our post and video on CIGARfest 2016), Smokey Butts and I were whining, bitching, complaining, chest pounding, etc. about the over 100 cigars we just received at CIGARfest and where the hell we are going to store them. Don’t tell my wife, but I have, hmm, 30-40 boxes of cigars on hand. Smokey Butts has just as many. I have nine humidors stuffed with cigars, including my homemade wineador. Smokey Butts made a huge humidor from plastic or some crap like that. Perhaps he will write a post about it someday.
Being the brothers that we are and my love of a friendly wager, we bumped chests and decided a bet was in order.
The Cigar Bet: The first one to buy a cigar for the rest of 2016 buys the other a box of Arturo Fuente Short Storys.
Crap, I already regret this bet. Here are the rules:
– No purchasing cigars until 1 Jan 2017
– Presents for other people are allowed, e.g., buying our dad a box of cigars for his birthday.
– Presents from other people are allowed as long as we don’t direct the person on what cigar brand to buy.
– In the interest of good manners, buying a cigar at a cigar event or at a cigar shop while enjoying their smoke room is allowed.
– Cuban cigar purchases are allowed. Why this crazy rule? Because we are traveling out of the country this summer and don’t want to miss smoking a Cuban cigar!
In the interest of fun and a little brotherly shit giving, we will document our trials and tribulations surrounding this bet in the comments box of this post.
Did I mention that I already hate this bet?